Beyond Our Classroom is an educational network of 572 educators who have a passion for finding, planning and running creative professional learning experiences and workshops for educators. We serve educators living in southern Ontario, Canada communities of Alliston, Brampton, Caledon, Georgetown, Guelph, Hamilton, Kitchener, Milton, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville and Toronto.
We plan our own field trips for teachers and list and promote learning experiences offered by community archives, art galleries, clubs, community groups. conservation areas, First Nation communities, media (publishing, radio, recording television), museums, outdoor education centres, police services, provincial parks, school boards, science, subject associations, teacher affiliates, teacher colleges, technology and tourism.
If you would like to financially support our work and help cover expenses, please visit the Buy Me a Coffee platform to make your $ donation.
Beyond Our Classroom maintains this public professional learning opportunity calendar. Events organized and/or attended by “Beyond Our Classroom” members are listed in the calendar as “BOC”. To post an event and/or request access so that you may add your organization’s educational event, seminar, workshop or webconference please contact David Spencer.
We will notify you of upcoming events on this calendar if you sign up for our FREE Beyond Our Classroom e-newsletter.
Past Events and Workshops Produced by Beyond Our Classroom.
- Canoeing Instruction at Professors Lake in Brampton, Ontario.
- Cycling Trip along the Niagara River Trail from Niagara-on-the-Lake to Niagara Falls
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Leader Training in Brampton, Ontario.
- Electric car test drive in Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario.
- Horseback Trail Riding at Teen Ranch in Caledon, Ontario.
- Running for Educators Seminars in Brampton and Mississauga, Ontario.
- Social for Beyond Our Classroom Members in Brampton, Ontario.
- Peel Science Animation Festival Celebration in Brampton, Ontario.
- Testing of E-bikes electric bikes in Brampton, Ontario.
- Tour of Chippewas of Rama First Nation in Rama, Ontario.
- Tour of Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation in Hagersville, Ontario.
- Tour of Six Nations Of The Grand River in Ohsweken, Ontario.
- Tour of the Faculty of Education at Tyndale University College & Seminary Toronto, Ontario.
- Tour of the Transportation Expo at Evergreen Brickworks Toronto, Ontario.
- Tour of The Voice of the Martyrs in Mississauga, Ontario.
September 5, 2013
As a big proponent of experiential learning I think what you are doing is
Thanks for listing our DemoCamp UofT event on the Beyond Our Classroom Calendar.
Director, Creative Destruction Lab at Rotman
Rotman School of Management
University of Toronto
I thoroughly enjoy following all the events and activities you promote through Beyond the Classroom.
Here is a link for a practitioner’s course that I am registered with a colleague. Perhaps other Kindergarten teacher’s might be interested in it as well.