Beyond Our Classroom is a network of educators who have a passion for finding, planning and running creative professional learning experiences and workshops for educators. We list and promote learning experiences offered by archives, art galleries, clubs, community groups. conservation areas, museums, outdoor centres, provincial parks, school boards, subject associations and teacher affiliates.
For experiences and workshops that Beyond Our Classroom members organize we arrange for speakers and tours led by a professional in specific industries and communities such as art galleries, broadcasting, film making, First Nation communities, legal services, museums, police services, recording arts, recreation, science, technology and tourism. Where possible, sponsors are sought to cover transportation, workshop materials and meals.
We are interested professional learning experiences that help us better understand:
- Aboriginal education and issues
- arts education
- alternative energy: geothermal, solar, wind
- brain development and critical thinking
- career education
- civics, government education
- drama, dance and theatre education
- EV electric vehicles
- environmental education and issues
- geography education
- history education
- law, forensics and policing
- music education
- outdoor education
- outdoor recreation
- science education
- technology and 21st century learning
- values education
Beyond Our Classroom seeks out and plans educational professional learning experiences, field trips, seminars and workshops that will:
- a) help educators better understand and deliver curriculum.
- b) help educators better understand industries related to subjects and curriculum they teach.
- c) help educators have new experiences and challenges that will inspire their approach to teaching.
- d) connect educators in Ontario with each other.
- e) be fun and social.
Learn how we chose our name.
View our list of events.
Subscribe to our free Beyond Our Classroom E-Newsletter and stay up to date on our educational professional learning experiences, field trips, seminars and workshops.