How to Post Your Event to the Beyond Our Classroom Calendar
Your educational or professional learning organization is invited to list conferences, field trips, seminars and workshops on our Beyond Our Classroom Events Calendar. Please contact us for more information.
- Login to the Gmail account you use for your organization. https://www.google.com/calendar
Your Google Calendar will appear showing your organization’s schedule and the Beyond Our Classroom events.
- Click on the date you wish to post and event. A window will open up.
- At the bottom of the window Click on “Edit event”. A new window will open up.
- Replace “Untitled event” with the title of your event. Be as descriptive as possible. For example state:
Field Trip: Destination
- Below the title of your event you will see the date you selected. If your activity is more than one date, click on each of the dates to select the span of dates desired.
- Below the date there is a check box that shows “All day”. Uncheck this box. Now go back up to the dates and enter the start and finish times of your event.
- To the right of “Where”, enter the location address, city and postal code of your event.
- Beside the word “Calendar”, use the scroll down menu to select “Beyond Our Classroom”.
- Beside the word “Description”, enter the title of your event again along with the date, time and location. Describe the target audience, activity, cost and how to register for your event.If you are entering a web link enter the following HTML code. For example, to make this link clickable in Google Calendarhttps://beyondrclassroom.wordpress.com
Insert the link in HTML code as follows:
- If you have any questions or suggestions about submitting your organization’s events to the Beyond Our Classroom Events Calendar, please contact David Spencer.