Beyond Our Classroom is a network of educators who have a passion for attending, planning and running creative professional learning experiences, conferences, field trips, seminars and workshops for educators.
Where possible, we connect with professionals in the industry to lead and instruct participants. Sponsors are sought to promote our educational activities, cover transportation, workshop materials and meals.
We are interested professional learning experiences that help us better understand:
- Aboriginal education and issues
- arts education
- alternative energy: geothermal, solar, wind
- brain development and critical thinking
- career education
- civics, government education
- drama, dance and theatre education
- EV electric vehicles
- environmental education and issues
- geography education
- history education
- law, forensics and policing
- music education
- outdoor education
- outdoor recreation
- science education
- technology and 21st century learning
- values education
Beyond Our Classroom seeks out and plans educational professional learning experiences, field trips, seminars and workshops that will:
- a) help educators better understand and deliver curriculum.
- b) help educators better understand industries related to subjects and curriculum they teach.
- c) help educators have new experiences and challenges that will inspire their approach to teaching.
- d) connect educators in Ontario with each other.
- e) be fun and social.
Learn how we chose our name.
View our list of events.
Subscribe to our free Beyond Our Classroom E-Newsletter and stay up to date on our educational professional learning experiences, field trips, seminars and workshops.